GATE Computer Science and information technology (CS):
Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE) Computer Science and information technology (CS) is a national examination conducted by jointly Indian Institute of Science(IISc) Bangalore and seven Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) Bombay Delhi, Guwahati,Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education(MoE), Government of India.
Bachelor's degree holders in Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts are eligible to apply.
An applicant studying in the 3rd or higher years of any UG degree is eligible to appear for GATE examination.
Mode of Exam: Online
Exam conducted: Once in a year expected on February.
Age: There is no age limit criterion defined by the exam conducting authority to appear in GATE.
Verbal Ability: English grammar, sentence completion, verbal analogies, word groups, instructions, critical reasoning and verbal deduction.
Numerical Ability: Numerical computation, numerical estimation, numerical reasoning and data interpretation.
Subject Paper: Computer Science
Download complete syllabus: https://gate.iitb.ac.in/syllabi.php (Subject Code: CS)
Get direct CS syllabus: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15m1czm6LIqRhskbqLPNvcfqY0ot_8ZdT/view
General Aptitude (Verbal and Numerical ability): 10 MCQ questions where 5 One-mark questions and 5 Two-mark questions.
Subject Paper: 55 questions based on MCQ and Numeric where 25 One-mark questions and 30 Two-mark questions.
Total Time: 3 hrs.
Computer Science topic Cover:
Computer Organization and Architecture
Programming and Data Structures
Expected Cut off:
1. GATE score is valid for 3 years.
2. Students who are cleared GATE can apply for M.tech /ME different institute as per rank.
3. Students who are cleared GATE can apply for PhD or integrated PhD program at various Universities or institutes in India.
4. Students who are qualified GATE exam can get direct interview calls PSU/ BARC jobs in India as per rank.
5. Gate qualified students also apply on some foreign Universities with scholarship as per rank such as:
a. Aachen University (Germany) - best known for mechanical and automobile engineering
b. Technical University of Munich (Germany)
c. National University of Singapore
d. Nanyang Technical University (Singapore)
6. Gate qualified students get preference for recruitment in top IT companies.
Official Site: https://gate.iitb.ac.in/index.php